The B7005 is an L-shaped road across the head of the Machars peninsula. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts on the A714 to the north of Whithorn and heads south to bypass the town. The A-road goes straight through the town centre and so our road is signed for through traffic on to Whithorn. We cross undulating terrain and are crossed by the B733 before reaching Bladnoch and a mini-roundabout, where the A714 reappears from the left. There's then a multiplex ahead along that road over the River Bladnoch and back into open country after which the B7005 bears right to regain its number.
The road narrows as it follows the river upstream briefly before winding over a ridge. There's a brief glimpse of the river again over to the right, then the B7052 comes in from the right and follows our road briefly before turning off to the left. We then continue across undulating - but not too hilly - terrain and run through a couple of wooded areas. The road passes a few isolated buildings but no places of any size. Presently the summit of the road is reached and we follow a small valley downstream, with the road winding along with the Alticry Burn. Luce Bay then becomes visible ahead as the valley opens out; we then bear right and zigzag to end at a T-junction on the A747 coast road.