The B7022 is a road through the centre of Girvan. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts on the A77 Vicarton Street and heads south along the residential Montgomerie Street. After passing the prominent North Parish Church we reach Church Square, essentially a roundabout except traffic in our direction has priority. From here we head west into the town centre along Hamilton Street, which is lined with a few shops. It's not long before traffic lights are reached where, because of a one-way system, the three other directions are all numbered A77.
The B7022 currently ends here but originally continued ahead along what is now the northbound A77. It followed Knockcushan Street alongside the Water of Girvan before bearing left into Henrietta Street. The road then continued south along this largely residential road. Presently a green area, Stair Park, opened up on the right, with the sea and the small island of Ailsa Craig visible beyond. After the houses came back the A77 came in from the right along Glendoune Street and the B7022 ended.