|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.4 miles (3.9 km)|
|Met:||A89, A8, B806, A80|
|Now part of:||B765|
|Route outline (key)|
The B7053 was a short, largely urban road in north Lanarkshire. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in 1935. However, the number seems to have been made redundant following construction of the M8 around 1980. The northernmost quarter is now unclassified whilst the rest is now part of the B765.
The road started in Shettleston by turning north off the A89 and following Gartocher Road under the railway line and on to the A8, which was crossed at a staggered crossroads. It then continued north along Stepps Road. There was a multiplex with the B806 (with maps suggesting our number was dominant), after which it continued on to Millerston and journey's end on the A80.