|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||7.6 miles (12.2 km)|
|Meets:||A975, A90, B999, A920|
|Old route now:||A920|
|Route outline (key)|
The B9000 is a cross-country B-road in east Aberdeenshire.
The road starts on the A975 coast road in Newburgh and heads west. It soon leaves town and then continues across more-or-less flat land across the fields. It meets no more public roads until Fountainbleau, where it reaches a T-junction with the A90. There is a short multiplex north, after which the B9000 turns off to the left and regains its westerly direction.
The road remains flat. It goes through a wood and continues across the fields. This time the road does meet other roads but this does not happen that frequently. Presently there is a kink in the road as it crosses a dismantled railway line. Although the road has been climbing steadily this far it now begins to descend once again and reaches a T-junction on the B999 on the southern edge of Pitmedden.
There is a multiplex north for about half a mile, largely across fields, into the centre of the village, where the B9000 turns off to the left. It heads west out of town and soon ends on the A920. That road TOTSOs here.
None of the above was numbered B9000 in 1922: at that time the road ran from Olmeldrum west to Colpy on the A96. In the mid-1930s the road was extended eastwards along the original course of the B9003 to meet the A975 Coast Road at Newburgh. However, much more recently the A920 has been extended eastwards along the original route of the B9000, about half of the old B9003 and the old B9004 to reach Ellon, leaving the B9000 as a much shorter route once more, wholly on the course of the old B9003. As such the whole of the original B9000 is now numbered A920.