B9095 (Cairnie Road, Arbroath)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Keptie Road (NO626418)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Now part of:||A933|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B9095 ran to the north of Arbroath. Although the road's history is not fully known due to its short length it is assumed that the road had gained its route by 1932. However, by the mid-1980s the routes of the B9095 and A933 have been swapped, the present B9095 taking the former route of the A933 into the town centre, whilst the A-road has been rerouted along our road's route to the north of the town.
The road started on the western edge of town, between the cemetery and hospital, where the A933 turned from Forfar Road onto Keptie Road. It followed Cairnie Road and Cairnie Street into the town and ended on Stobcross, which was the original line of the B964. That road then continued ahead along Guthrie Port to reach the A92 High Street by the Abbey.