|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||4.6 miles (7.4 km)|
|Meets:||B9039, B9006, A96|
|Route outline (key)|
The B9092 is a secondary road on the Ardersier Peninsula. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts on the B9039 at the southern end of the former fishing village of Ardersier. We head northeast along Nairn Road and soon encounter a staggered junction with the B9006, at the point where the branch railway line from Gollanfield once crossed overhead; the bridge was removed soon after the line was closed. This point is the original western end of the B9092 but the road was not extended to the coast until the end of the 20th century.
The village is left behind as we wiggle through fields, with farmhouses set in the middle of them. After passing through an area of forestry plantations, the road straightens up and suddenly flies down to the A96 in a near arrow-straight line (just one slight kink!). The A96 junction is more a fork than a T, and it could be all too easy to overshoot those Give Way lines. It is now just a mile to Nairn.