|Distance:||3.9 miles (6.3 km)|
|Met (1932):||A18, B1216, A159, B1378, A1077, A1029|
|Now part of:||A18|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1076 was a short A-road in north Lincolnshire.
The road started in Gunness, where the A18 had to zigzag to cross the River Trent. Old maps suggest that the road due east from here was not built on classification in 1922, explaining why the A18 ran to the south of Scunthorpe. However, when the road was built later in the 1920s it was given the A1076 number.
The road ran eastwards into the centre of Scunthorpe along Doncaster Road. It reached Oswald Road which was the A159 and continued on into the High Street, originally numbered A159 but taken over by the A1076. The road ended at a triple point near the east end of the High Street. Home Street, to the left, was the A1077 and the road ahead was the A1029.
The A1076 seems to have been abolished in 1935. The western section was taken over by the A18, which it remains. To remove the triple point in Scunthorpe, the remainder of the road became an extension of the A1029 and has since been declassified and partly pedestrianised.