This article is about the current B6383 into Barnoldswick.
For the original B6383, now part of the A664 Rochdale bypass, see B6383 (Rochdale)
The B6383 is the main road into Barnoldswick from the east. The road did not exist on classification in 1922 but had been built by 1935, presumably having its number from the beginning.
Starting at a roundabout on the A56 in Kelbrook the road heads northwest across the fields. The road is straight, even going through a cutting to begin with. After crossing a wide bridge over the now-gone Skipton to Colne railway line we skirt the village of Salterforth and then go over the Leeds & Liverpool Canal; again the bridge is wider than it needs to be, suggesting something more was planned for this road.
Having reached the edge of the valley we now climb out and reach the edge of Barnoldswick before levelling out and continuing into town along Essex Street; presently the buildings lining the road seem 19th-century, showing this section of the road is older than the rest. After passing the modern library a shopping street turns off to the left. The next road to the left, Station Road, is mapped as a spur of the B6383 but this is one-way towards us. We continue ahead past a grassed area to end when the B6251 comes in from the left and takes on the road ahead.