|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||New Town (NT446696)|
|Distance:||4.6 miles (7.4 km)|
|Meets:||A198, A1, A199, B6355|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6363 is a reasonably short road in East Lothian. The road was originally unclassified but the section north of the A1 became the B1408 in the 1920s. The B6363 came to the area in 1935 but only as the section south of the A1; it gained its current length after World War II.
We start on the A198 Main Street on the edge of Longniddry and head south, immediately going under a low bridge under the East Coast Main Line. We climb away from the coast on a more-or-less straight road, with an unexpected zigzag near the top of the hill. After levelling out the road passes a go-kart track and then goes over the A1 at a dumbbell GSJ. There's a third roundabout immediately afterwards, where the A199 (the original line of the A1) is crossed.
The road continues on its straight route briefly but there's soon a sharp right-hand bend; the rest of the road consists of long straights interspersed with tight corners. We soon reach the hamlet of Penston and bend sharply left and then continue on with Lammermuir visible in the distance. After zigzagging along a line of trees we pass through the scattered settlement of New Town (signed on the road as Boggs Holdings), after which a final right-hand bend takes us to journey's end at a T-junction on the B6355.