Entering Newton Village on the A6106
The B6374 is the highest numbered road in zone 6 in the 1922 Road Lists, and is described as Junction with A7 - Lugton - Cauldcoats - Portobello.
The road started on the A7 (now B6392) at Elginhaugh. There was a short section northeast along Melville Gate Road to the A68 (now A6106), followed by a multiplex northwest along that road. The B6374 reappeared where Sheriffhall Roundabout is now and headed north into Portobello. It entered town along Baileyfield Road and ended at the A1/A199 junction at the west end of the High Street.
The B6374 was quickly upgraded to the A6106, probably by 1925. In more recent years the A199 has taken over the northernmost section, and the southernmost section has been declassified.