|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Lower Place (SD903119)|
|Distance:||1.7 miles (2.7 km)|
|Now part of:||A664|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B6383 was a short-lived road near Rochdale. It was constructed in the mid-1920s as the Queensway relief road, allowing traffic to avoid Rochdale town centre.
The road started on the A664 in Castleton, just south of that road's bridge over the Rochdale Canal. Our road then ran parallel to the canal to the northeast, with road and canal diverging gradually. Presently the A627 (present A671) was met, where the road ended.
It wasn't long before the relief road was extended to the east and has now become a full bypass. However, the B6383's days were numbered and the road had become part of the A664 by 1939, a number it remains.