|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Tower of London (TQ336807)|
|Via:||Wapping High Street|
|Distance:||1.6 miles (2.6 km)|
|Met (1923):||A100, B107, A1203|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1204 was a short A-road in east London.
The road started next to the Tower of London by descending from the A100 Tower Bridge Approach. On reaching river level it turned left to pass between the River Thames and St Katherine's Dock, heading east along the left bank of the river. It passed along Wapping High Street; today this still runs between former dockyard warehouses, which would have been a hive of maritime activity back in A1204 days. The road crossed the entry to Shadwell Basin before ending on the A1203 The Highway. The road is now unclassified and the western end, although not technically closed to traffic, is not advised as a through route.