|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||3 miles (4.8 km)|
|Meets:||A451, A456, B4190|
|Old route now:||A4025|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4195 connects the two Severnside towns of Stourport and Bewdley.
It starts at traffic lights on the A451 in the centre of Stourport, just to the north of the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal. It goes along Bewdley Road and leaves town after passing through the suburb of Burlish Park.
Presently the B4195 reaches a roundabout on the A456 Bewdley bypass. There is a short multiplex north before the B4195 turns left at traffic lights to regain its number. It heads into Bewdley along Stourport Road, reaching the bank of the River Severn before ending at a T-junction on the B4190 (pre-bypass A456).
In 1922 the B4195 was a short link in the centre of Stourport, connecting the A4025 with the A456 along Gilgal. Later in the 1920s, it was extended to Bewdley along what was originally theB4194, giving that road its current route south of Bewdley. In more recent years the original section of the B4195 has become part of the A4025 one-way system.
When the A456 Bewdley bypass was built that road took on a short section of the B4195, creating the multiplex.