|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Beech Lanes (SP021861)|
|To:||Selly Oak (SP040824)|
|Distance:||2.7 miles (4.3 km)|
|Met:||A456, A4030, B4124, A38|
|Now part of:||A4040|
|Route outline (key)|
By 1932, the road appears to have been truncated to the section between the A456 and Harborne, with the route south of there becoming part of the A4123. It it supposed (but not proven) that this took place at the same time as the opening of the A4123 Wolverhampton - Birmingham New Road in November 1927.
By 1946, the truncated B4123 is shown as being entirely swallowed up by the A4030.