|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.5 miles (2.4 km)|
|Meets:||A4092, A457, B4135, A41|
|Old route now:||A4092|
|Route outline (key)|
The road originally started on the A4030 Bearwood Road and headed northeast along Waterloo Road to meet the B4125. This was upgraded to become part of the A4092 on 1 April 1924, so that the B4136 now starts on that road.
From the A4092 Cape Hill our road heads north along Windmill Lane. At the far end it reaches a roundabout where it joins the B4135 and A457. There is then a short multiplex west along the A-road until a gap in the central reservation allows vehicles to turn right along Soho Street. Maps label this road variably, as either the B4135 or the B4136, but in any case on the far side of the railway line there is a T-junction and from here the two B-roads head off in their two (opposite) directions.