|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||0.8 miles (1.3 km)|
|Meets:||A34, B4144, A4040, B4137|
|Old route now:||A4040|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4140 is a short urban B-road in north Birmingham.
It starts at a roundabout GSJ on the A34 at Witton, where it also meets the B4144, and heads northeast along Witton Road. It ends less than a mile later at a roundabout where it meets the A4040 and B4137.
None of the above was classified in 1922 although it became an extension of the B4140 later on. The original route is the road ahead, now the A4040. It headed clockwise along the rest of Witton Road before crossing the A38 (now A5127 on the edge of Erdington and ending on the B4141 (now A38) Tyburn Road in Birches Green. All of this became A4040 in 1935.