B1263 (Northallerton - Osmotherley)
|Distance:||5.7 miles (9.2 km)|
|Met (1923):||A1, A19|
|Now part of:||A684|
|Route outline (key)|
The original route of the B1263 ran east of Northallerton.
The road started on the then-A1 High Street and headed north out of town along Brompton Road. Brompton itself was bypassed, as it still is, after which the road continued east across the fields to end on the A19 to the west of Osmotherley.
The road was renumbered as an eastern extension of the A684 in the 1924 A1 renumbering, when the A1 through Northallerton became the A167. Dualling of the A19 has altered the eastern end of the B1263, although the road towards the southbound sliproads follows the old route as much as possible.