|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||6 miles (9.7 km)|
|Met:||A525, B5119, B5120, A548|
|Now part of:||A547, A548|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5117 was the original number of the road east from the A525 at Rhuddlan. After passing to the north of Dyserth it skirted the southern edge of Prestatyn before becoming the coast road east of the town.
In 1922 the road ended near Gronant, head-on with the A548, which was then under construction as the coast road to Rhyl. As the A548 was extended further west, that road took over the B5117 as far as Prestatyn, although most of the new A548 bypassed the original line of the B5117.
The remainder of the B5117 (from Rhuddlan to Prestatyn) was renumbered as an extension of the A547 in the 1950s.