|Length:||15.1 miles (24.3 km)|
|Meets:||A547, B5279, A470, A5|
|Former Number(s):||B4407, A5110|
|Old route now:||A548|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5106 runs along the Conwy Valley in North Wales.
The road starts at a mini-roundabout on the A547 (former A55) within the town walls in Conwy and heads south past the castle, going through a narrow gap in the walls before going under the Chester to Holyhead railway line.
After going through Gyffin the road continues south into open country. To begin with it follows a ridge between the River Gyffin and River Conwy. In Ty'n-y-groes it meets the B5279 before descending into the Conwy Valley. It does not cross the river so has to hug the side of the valley.
After going through Trefriw the road splits near Gwydir Castle. The road ahead crosses the river at an old, narrow bridge before ending immediately afterwards at a T-junction on the A470 at Llanrwst. Meanwhile the mainline of the B5106 TOTSOs right to continue along the valley for a few more miles. It passes no further places of any size before reaching the outskirts of Betws-y-Coed. It crosses a narrow bridge over the Llugwy before ending at a T-junction on the A5 to the west of the town centre.
In 1922 all the above was numbered B4407, except for the spur from Gwydir Castle to Llanrwst which was part of the B5106. That road then crossed the main road in Llanrwst (then numbered A544) via a short multiplex before continuing east to Llanfair Talhaiarn then north via Abergele to end on the seafront in Pensarn.
In 1935, the whole of the B5106 east of Llanrwst was upgraded to Class I status, becoming the A548. In the same year the B4407 was abolished and so the B5106 took over its section from Conwy to Betws-y-Coed, thus giving the B5106 its current route. The northernmost couple of miles became part of the A5110 for a few years in the 1950s and 1960s but when that road disappeared the B5106 was extended to Conwy once more.