This article is about the B5144 in Weaverham, Cheshire. For the other B5144 near Seacombe in Wirral, see B5144 (Wirral).
When the A49 Weaverham bypass was built, the original road to the south of the village was renumbered B5144.
The road starts at a roundabout at the southern end of the bypass and heads north. A road immediately bears right into the village then we continue along a residential road. It's not long before the B5153 comes in from the left and crosses the ex-A49 at a staggered crossroads.
Although maps show the B5144 as ending here, local signage indicates the road continuing on along Sandy Lane (mapped as the B5142) to the northern end of the bypass. Interestingly, both the B5142 and B5144 numbers are duplicates of roads that have existed on the Wirral since 1922.