|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||St. Austell (SX011525)|
|Distance:||2 miles (3.2 km)|
|Met:||A391, A390, Pier|
|Former Number(s):||A390, A3060|
|Route outline (key)|
The A3061 was a short link road through - and to the east of - the Cornish town of St Austell.
The road started in the town centre on the A391 Bodmin Road. It headed east along Fore Street before passing the church and climbing East Hill. Presently it crossed the A390 bypass and headed southeastwards along Charlestown Road into Charlestown itself. It ended by the pier in the harbour.
The A3061 came into being in the mid-1920s when the A390 St Austell bypass was built; it took over the majority of the pre-bypass route. The road to Charlestown was originally unclassified but gained the A3060 number around the same time; it became an eastern extension of the A3061 in 1935.
More recently, the entire of the road has been declassified. The narrow streets of St Austell town centre are now largely pedestrianised.