|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Met (1922):||A389, A3043, A387|
|Now part of:||B3396|
|Route outline (key)|
The A3042 was a link road in the Devonport area of Plymouth.
The road started on the A389 (renumbered A38 in 1935 and now the A374) by the Torpoint Ferry. It headed north along Keyham Road, marking the boundary between the docks to the left and the town to the right. The road then zigzagged to the northeast, skirting the edge of the suburb of Keyham. After crossing the railway line into Cornwall it descended to end on the A387 (later renumbered A388 and now the A3064), en route to the Saltash Ferry.
The road was downgraded in the 1970s following the construction of the present A38 and it is now numbered B3396. The southernmost section of the road is now actually within the dockyard and so no longer exists.