|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||8.3 miles (13.4 km)|
|Former Number(s):||B3057, B3056|
|Now part of:||A337|
|Route outline (key)|
The A3069 was a north-south road across the New Forest. Originally numbered B3056, except for a short section at its northern end in Lyndhurst, which was the B3057, the road gained the A3069 number in the mid-1920s. In 1935 it was renumbered as an extension of the A337, which it remains, although the Lyndhurst section is now part of the town's A35 one-way system.
The road started in the centre of Lymington, at a triple-point where it met the A3068 and B3054. It headed north along Southampton Road and soon left town. A couple of small villages took the road to Brockenhurst, the largest place en route.
Continuing north, the road entered the New Forest proper (technically the section to the south was also in the New Forest but is rather built-up) and a straight, wooded section took the road to its final town, Lyndhurst. After descending Clay Hill the road bore right into Gosport Lane to end on the A35 High Street.