|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||3 miles (4.8 km)|
|Met (1946):||Docks, A38, A3049, A388, A386|
|Now part of:||B3396, A386|
|Route outline (key)|
Starting in the docks, the road ran along Fore Street to cross the A389 (later A38 and now A374) Chapel Street. The original western end of the road was later taken over by an expansion of the dockyard and completely destroyed; although part of Fore Street remains to the west of Chapel Street the road was eventually cut back to here. It then ran along Fore Street and Devonport Road to cross the then-A387 at Milehouse before continuing along Outland Road to end on the original line of the A386 where Manadon Interchange is now.
The opening of the present route of the A38 caused renumberings in the Plymouth area and the A3041 was no exception, being abolished. The southernmost section, Fore Street and part of Devonport Road, is now unclassified; the rest is now B3396 through Stoke and a rerouted A386 from Milehouse to Hartley.