|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Windsor town centre (SU966769)|
|To:||Windsor Great Park (SU967757)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Now part of:||B3022|
|Route outline (key)|
The A3017 was a short link road in Windsor.
The road started in the centre of town by the statue of Queen Victoria on Castle Hill, where the A332 used to TOTSO from Thames Street into Peascod Street. The A3017 headed along the High Street, Sheet Street and King's Road before ending on the A308 on the edge of Windsor Great Park, where the unusually shaped roundabout is now.
The A3017 presumably disappeared in 1935 when the A332 was rerouted through Windsor Great Park along what was the B3022. Then, with the building of the A332 Windsor bypass, the former A3017 was downgraded. Part of it is now the B3022 but this leaves Windsor along Frances Road, so King's Road is now unclassified.