|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||10.7 miles (17.2 km)|
|Meets:||A1134, A14, A1123|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1049 is a largely rural B-road running north out of Cambridge parallel to the A10.
It starts in the centre of Cambridge on the A1134 ring road and heads north to cross the A14 at junction 32. The next couple of miles are largely new build; originally the B1049 went through Histon but the village is now bypassed. After Histon the B1049 continues on to Cottenham which marks its original northern terminus.
In 1922, as now, there were no other classified roads in Cottenham – the B1049 just stopped by the church and the road onwards was unclassified. However, by 1932 the road had been extended. It continues north out of Cottenham, crosses the River Great Ouse and ends on the A1123 in Wilburton.