|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Kilbowie Roundabout (NS497720)|
|Distance:||1.2 miles (1.9 km)|
|Meets:||A82, A8014, A814|
|Route outline (key)|
The B814 is a short link road near Clydebank. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in c1937, as it is marked on the 1938 OS Six inch map. The original B814 was also in this area; it is not known whether there was a brief overlap with the routes, but it seems unlikely.
The route starts at the signalised Kilbowie Roundabout to the north of Clydebank where it meets the A82 and A8014 (former B814). From here it follows the winding Duntocher Road to the south west. On the right is an area of parkland, and for a while a steep grassy bank leads up to trees obscuring the houses on the left giving a semi-rural outlook, but houses are soon met and the road bends to the left as it zigzags through the suburb of Parkhall. The road is wide as it descends, with plenty of room for two way traffic between parked cars. It is clear that this was one of the main roads built through the vast housing estates in this part of Clydebank after the war, and that even today traffic levels are insufficient to fill it very often. As the road reaches its end, at the bottom of the hill, Dalmuir station is reached. There are two bridges over the lines served by the station either side of the entrance. The road ends a short distance further on at traffic lights on the A814; the Forth & Clyde Canal is immediately to the left.