|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.6 miles (2.6 km)|
|Met (1961):||A814, A806, A82|
|Now part of:||A739|
|Route outline (key)|
The B813 as classified in 1922 was a short link road to the west of Glasgow. Starting on Dumbarton Road - the original line of the A82, quickly renumbered A814 and now bypassed - the B813 headed north along the full length of Crow Road to end at Anniesland Cross, where it met the A806 and B810 (now A739 and A82). Today this sees it head north at first, past the West End Retail Park, before curving to the west around Cross Park. A double signalised junction sees it then turn to the north west between long rows of Glasgow's famous red tenement blocks to a signalised fork with the A739. Here the B813 originally continued north along Crow Road, across two railway lines and past rows of terraced housing to reach Anniesland Cross.
With the opening of the Clyde Tunnel in the 1960s, the A739 was extended north of the river, along the previously unclassified Balshagray Avenue and onto Crow Road, so consuming the northern section of the B813. The southern section lasted a few more years, but was downgraded in c1974 when the A814 was moved to the new Clydeside Expressway, so the southern end is now unclassified, but remains a busy route.