|To:||Kelty (South) (NT147931)|
|Distance:||4 miles (6.4 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The current B912 is a short B-road in south Fife. Originally unclassified, the road had gained its present number by 1932.
The road begins in Dunfermline as Whitefield Road by turning north off the A907 Halbeath Road. Originally a T-junction, this is now a traffic light-controlled crossroads, with Halbeath Drive as the fourth arm of the cross.
Whitefield Road is named after a nearby farm. Its alignment has been re-routed slightly east of its original route; the old road is now a footpath which passes under the original railway bridge. The realignment was carried out to improve access to the new Queen Margaret Hospital.
The present road runs north under a new railway bridge then curves west to pick up the original alignment. It passes Queen Margaret Hospital and then crosses the bridge under which once passed the Townhill tramway. The B912 then turns right at a T-junction and, now known as Kingseat Road, heads towards the village of Kingseat.
After Kingseat it crosses the M90, on an alignment slightly south of its original route - the old road is still visible in places - and finally terminates at a mini roundabout south of Kelty, where it meets the B917.