B1197 (Alford - Sutton)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Sutton on Sea (TF518818)|
|Distance:||5.9 miles (9.5 km)|
|Met (1932):||A1104, A154|
|Now part of:||A1111|
|Route outline (key)|
In the mid-1920s, the second incarnation of the B1197 was created to run along formerly unclassified roads in east Lincolnshire.
It started on the A1104 on the eastern edge of Alford and zigzagged northeastwards, via Bilsby and Markby, to enter Sutton on Sea.
Originally the B1197 ended on the B1198 but this was soon upgraded to become the A154 and had become the A52 by the time the B1197 number disappeared in the 1960s. The B1197 was upgraded to the A1111, which it remains.