|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Barnby Gate (SK798538)|
|To:||North Gate (SK801546)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Met (1923):||A1, A17, station yard|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1185 was a short link road in Newark-on-Trent.
It started in the centre of town, at the point in 1922 where the A17 left the A1 (the A1 was soon moved away) and headed northeast along Appleton Gate to the North Gate railway station, where it ended in the station yard.
Some time later (the exact date is impossible to define owing to the short length of the road), the B1185 was extended northwest along Lincoln Street to the road called North Gate. It then had to double back away from the railway line to meet the A46 which crossed the railway line by means of a bridge.
The former B1185 is now unclassified; again it is not known exactly when this took place, but it may possibly have happened when the A46 Western Bypass opened.