|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||15.8 miles (25.4 km)|
|Meets:||A15, B1190, B1131, B1178, B1202, B1189, B1191, A153|
|Old route now:||B1308|
|Route outline (key)|
The original northern end of the B1188 was on the A15 Silver Street in Lincoln city centre. By 1932 the road had been extended east along Monks Road then north along Outer Circle to meet the A15 again in the suburb of St Giles. However, in the 1960s the original northern end of the road had been taken over by a rerouted A15 and then the northern extension had become the B1308 by 1990. The B1188 therefore now starts on the A15 on the southern edge of town.
Leaving Lincoln behind, the B1188 climbs into Canwick before going through Branston and then cannoning off the Lincoln to Sleaford railway line in Dunston. Metheringham is the next village and the largest on the route although the road only skirts the edge; the next few villages are small.
Eventually, Ruskington is met. The B1188 zigzags through the village before ending on the A153 about half a mile beyond the edge of the village.