|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.4 miles (3.9 km)|
|Met:||A8, A73, B802, A8|
|Now part of:||A8010, B8058|
|Route outline (key)|
Starting on the A8 (modern A89) at Clarkston to the east of Airdrie, the road headed north along the route of the modern B8058, first along Connor Street and then Burnhead Road to reach Rawyards Roundabout. From here it ran south west along what is now the A8010, following Black Street, Aitken Street, Chapel Street, High Street and Aitchson Street back to the A89 (former A8) at Coatdyke between Airdrie and Coatbridge. Although largely an urban route today, the town has grown out to meet the eastern end of the route.
This route was, however, short-lived and had disappeared by 1932. The eastern half was initially renumbered as part of the B7058 until the 1940s, after which it gained the present B8058 number. The western end, from the A73 to Coatdyke was renumbered as the A8010 from the outset. This number appears to have been purposely chosen, to reflect the original B801 number, as it appears to have been the first time a route in Zone 8 was numbered out of sequence, the next highest number printed on the 1932 OS 10 mile map was the A895.