|M6, A49, A580|
|Junctions related to the A580|
|Knowsley Wood Interchange • Randles Farm Interchange • Worsley Braided Interchange|
Haydock Island is junction 23 of the M6.
It was originally built in 1934 as a crossroads between the A49 and A580, before becoming a roundabout in about the 1950's. With the M6 opening in 1963, it was changed to a straightforward (though multi-armed) grade-separated roundabout. This junction was converted in 1973 to a GS hamburger by cutting the A580 through the middle.
|Birmingham, Warrington (M62)|
|Liverpool, St Helens (A58), Southport (A570)|