The B6168, looking towards Mountsett
The B6168 is a short, largely urban road in north Durham. Originally the northern end of the A6076 it was confusingly renumbered A6067 in 1935 and has been the B6168 since the 1960s.
We turn off the A692 and head south along North Road into Flint Hill, where we cross the B6311 at a mini-roundabout which has a filter lane for left-turning traffic. We continue with fields on the left and houses on the right before the former are replaced with an industrial estate. The road then becomes lined with houses on both sides as it runs through Harelaw and into Annfield Plain.
We run along New Front Street then Front Street which leads to a mini-roundabout in the main shopping area. Here we reach the original line of the A693 and turn left onto Station Road. There's then a TOTSO right by St Aidan's Church and we rejoin the ex-A6067. The road heads south through an industrial estate to end at a roundabout on the A693 bypass. Ahead is the A6076.