|Location Map ( geo)|
|Bradford Ring Road|
|Distance:||10.3 miles (16.6 km)|
|Met (1961):||A658, B6381, A647, A650, A641, A638, A6036, B6380, A641, A647, B6145, B6144, A650, A6037|
|Now part of:||A6177, A6036|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6148 was the original number for the Bradford Ring Road.
The road appeared to be unaffected by the 1935 renumberings; however, it was extended soon afterwards, becoming a full circle after World War II. It was given a short multiplex along the B6145 at Four Lane Ends. The road also had two short spurs marking its two original ends - a short one on Killinghall Road to the A658 and a longer one from Chain Bar to Odsal Top, bypassing the original line into Wibsey.
Having reached its full length the days of the B6148 were numbered. The entire of the original section, including the spur to Odsal Top, became an extension of the A6036 in the 1960s, just leaving the 1940s extension numbered B6148. At a similar time the western section of the road (between the A647 and B6145) was moved east, from its original line along Beckside Road and Cemetery Road to Horton Grange Road and Ingleby Road. Very soon the entire of the B6148 was renumbered A6177 - which also took over the rest of the ring to form a full circle. Only the spur to Odsal Top remained the A6036. This made the B6148 number defunct and gave the current situation.