|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Wellington Road (SJ891904)|
|To:||Tiviot Dale (SJ894906)|
|Distance:||0.3 miles (0.5 km)|
|Now part of:||B5423|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6168 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Link in Stockport.
Owing to the short length of the road and the fact that the road network in Stockport has altered considerably in recent years it is not obvious where the B6168 ran, although it certainly linked the A6 and A626 on the northern edge of the town centre. It seems most likely that the road ran along Prince's Street.
It appears that the B6168 was renumbered as part of the B5423 in 1935. In more recent years the road has been downgraded and is largely pedestrianised but a section of it still appears to have Class II status