|Distance:||5.3 miles (8.5 km)|
|Met (1932):||A4049, B4252, A469, B4254, A4049|
|Now part of:||A469|
|Route outline (key)|
The A4050 was a short road along the Rhymney Valley, connecting Bargoed with the A4049 in both directions.
Starting on the A4049 at Pengam the road headed west across the river before turning northwards. The road ran through the centre of Bargoed before detouring west to cross the narrow Darran Valley. After rejoining the Rhymney Valley the road continued upstream via Brithdir to end back on the A4049 at Tir-Phil.
The original northern end of the A469 was in Ystrad Mynach. Later in the 1920s that road was extended north to meet the A4050 near Pengam station and then, in 1935, the entire A4050 was renumbered as part of a northern extension of the A469, giving that road the spur that survives to this day. Bargoed has since been bypassed.