The now-unclassified former A4008
The A4008 was a short link road in east Berkshire in the area of Maidenhead and Marlow, which cut the corner between what was originally the A415 and the A416, which crossed each other further south.
In 1935, it was renumbered as a spur of the A423, which also took over this section of the A415. The A416 was, at the same time, renumbered as an extension of the A404.
Today, after the dualling of the A404 and downgrading of the A423 to A4130, the road is unclassified. At its eastern end traffic can only access the A404 northbound.