A4068 (Morriston - Ystalyfera)
|Distance:||9.1 miles (14.6 km)|
|Met:||A4067, A48, B4291, A474, B4297, B4298|
|Now part of:||B4603, A4067|
|Route outline (key)|
The A4068 ran along part of the Swansea Valley in west Glamorgan.
The road started on the A4067 in Morriston, to the north of Swansea. It ran up the Swansea Valley, crossing the A48 very soon afterwards, before continuing via Pontardawe to the near side of Ystalyfera. The road ended here and split into two Class II roads: the B4297 to the left and B4298 to the right.
In 1935, the A4068 was renumbered as part of a northern extension of the A4067 (that road kept its original line through Morriston, giving it a spur) but the A4068 number was reused just to the north.
In more recent years the A4067 has been heavily upgraded. As such most of the ex-A4068 is now numbered B4603 and the northernmost section is now unclassified, with part closed to vehicles completely owing to a landslide in the 1960s.