|From:||Cardiff Road (ST312875)|
|To:||Watch House Parade (ST314862)|
|Length:||0.9 miles (1.4 km)|
|Met (1923):||A48, B4239|
|Route outline (key)|
The A4052 was a short A-road linking Newport town centre to the docks downstream.
The road started on the A48 Cardiff Road on the south side of Newport town centre. It headed south along Commercial Road and bore right into Alexandra Road. Presently the B4239 (later B4237) bore off left along Brunel Street on its loop to the transporter bridge. The A4052 ended a short distance beyond on Watch House Parade, where it met the B4239 again. The unclassified road ahead continued into the dockyard.