|From:||Beeches Green (SO847051)|
|Length:||0.8 miles (1.3 km)|
|Now part of:||A419|
|Route outline (key)|
The road was a short one, starting on the A46 near the station and heading west along Cainscross Road to Cainscross itself. The road ended on the A434 just to the north of that road's crossing of the Stroudwater Canal.
In 1935, the west end of the A419 was rerouted via Stroud, taking over the entire length of the A4020, which number it remains. The former A434 to the west was also renumbered A419 although this is now the B4008.