|From:||Milford Haven (SM899060)|
|Length:||8 miles (12.9 km)|
|Meets:||B4326, B4325, A477, A487, A40|
|Route outline (key)|
The road starts at a junction with unclassified roads at the northern end of Milford Haven Docks, some 150 m southwest of the town's railway station. From here it heads east to pass the station at a roundabout then continuing along Victoria Road and Hamilton Terrace within sight of the sea, before turning sharply left into Great North Road.
The road soon enters open country and continues north to a roundabout where it meets the A477 from Pembroke just before going through Johnston. A couple of miles further on the road reaches Merlin's Bridge, now part of the conurbation of Haverfordwest. From Merlin's Bridge roundabout the A4076 skirts the southeastern side of Haverfordwest proper before terminating on the A40 at the Salutation Square roundabout by Pembrokeshire County Hall.
Apart from a rerouting in Haverfordwest and a very small extension in Milford Haven, the road still follows its original 1922 route throughout.