|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Amersham Common (SU974980)|
|Distance:||0.9 miles (1.4 km)|
|Now part of:||A4154|
|Route outline (key)|
From 1924 to 1935, when it became a spur of the A404, the A4090 took the route of the current A4154 in Amersham along Woodside Road and Rickmansworth Road between the A404 at Blackhorse Bridge and the A416 at the Boot and Slipper.
Throughout its existence the road got more and more built up, due to 'Metroland' development of the town. Initially there were a few houses spread out on the common - mostly away from the road. By 1935, the road was about as built up as it is today.