This article is about the original A4047 near Ebbw Vale.
For the present A4047, a bypassed section of the Heads of the Valleys Road, see A4047
The A4047 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Ebbw Vale - Sirhowy, although the road was a lot shorter than that description suggests.
Starting on the A4046 to the north of Ebbw Vale the road headed northwestwards, ending on the A465 barely half a mile further on.
The road later became a spur of the A4046 - it is assumed this happened sooner rather than later - and the A4047 number has been reused on this stretch of the A465 which has been bypassed.
An image has been requested for this article.