|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Norwich Road (TG281300)|
|To:||Market Place (TG281302)|
|Via:||King's Arms Street|
|Distance:||0.1 miles (0.2 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1389 was a short link road in the Norfolk town of North Walsham. The road was originally unclassified but gained its number in the mid-1920s. Owing to the short length of the road it is not known how long it lasted. Many short roads were renumbered in 1935 as spurs of one road they met, so this could have become part of the B1150, but this was not always the case. What is known is that the current B1389 dates to the late 1950s, whilst the original retained Class II status until it was declassified following construction of the A149 bypass in the 1980s.
The road started on the B1150 Norwich Road and headed north along King's Arms Street into the town centre. The northern half of this road is narrow and now one-way southbound. After passing the King's Arms itself the road widened out into the Market Place, where it ended on the original route of the A149.