B1300 (Tyne Dock - Marsden)
|From:||Tyne Dock (NZ358651)|
|Distance:||2.7 miles (4.3 km)|
|Met:||A185, B1298, A19, A183|
|Now part of:||A1300|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1300 ran for most of the distance from the River Tyne to the North Sea to the south of South Shields.
The road started on the A185 (now A194) near the Tyne Dock. It headed east, passing West Park before detouring to the south along Temple Park Road. It crossed the now-unclassified A19 Sunderland Road and then turned slightly more northerly as it continued on to end on the A183 coast road above Marsden Bay.
The B1300 was unclassified in 1922 but came into existence within the next 10 years. Initially it only connected the A185 with the A19 but it was extended east to the coast in 1935. More recently the road has been replaced by the A1300. That road has taken over the eastern half of the B1300 but the western section has been bypassed and is therefore now unclassified.