|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||City Road (NZ254641)|
|Distance:||0.3 miles (0.5 km)|
|Met (1922):||A184, B1305, A186|
|Now part of:||B1600|
|Route outline (key)|
The original route of the B1304 was a short road along the north bank of the River Tyne in Newcastle upon Tyne.
It started at the north side of the Swing Bridge on what was originally the A184; that road zigzagged from the bridge via Sandhill onto Side. The B1304 headed east along the Quayside before turning north at the first opportunity to end on the A186 City Road.
When the Tyne Bridge was opened in 1928, the B1304 was moved out of zone. It is therefore likely (although map evidence neither proves nor denies this) that it was renumbered B6334 as that was the westward continuation of the road along the river bank. Either way, the ex-B1304 is now part of the B1600.