|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||St Abbs (NT917673)|
|Distance:||4.1 miles (6.6 km)|
|Met (1932):||A1, A1107, unclassified|
|Now part of:||B6438|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1344 was a short B-road connecting the A1 with the Berwickshire coast.
The B1344 started on the A1 to the north of the village of Reston. It headed north, crossing the Ale Water before reaching Coldingham. In 1922 the B1344 was the only classified road that served Coldingham but the A1107 was created in the 1920s, taking over a short section of the B1344.
The B1344 continued north of Coldingham before bearing east into the coastal village of St Abbs. It ended in the village on an unclassified road above the harbour.
In 1935 the B1344 was renumbered as an extension of the B6438, which it remains.