|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Lower Street (TL514250)|
|To:||Cambridge Road (TL514261)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1351 was created around 1st April, 1924 as a link between the B1051 and the A11 in Stansted Mountfitchet in Essex, where it has remained ever since, despite the roads around it changing dramatically following the building of the M11 and Stansted Airport.
The road starts on the B1051 on the eastern side of town; that road bears right from Lower Street into Grove Hill and the B1351 continues north along Lower Street. The road is residential and surprisingly narrow for a classified road. Lower Street turns off with the next road on the right and the street name now changes to High Lane.
The road bears round to the left, climbing gently, and the road becomes wide enough for white lines down the middle. The B1351 becomes a typical suburban residential road for a short while before leaving town. After a brief rural stretch the road ends at a T-junction on the B1383 (former A11).